Monday, June 05, 2006

My First Blog

Most of you who know me personally know that I'm not often very talkative most of the time unless some issue has really got me fired up. So to me, the concept of having my own blog seemed rather a ridiculous idea for quite some time.

A while back, the FoxPro community put out a call to all developers to help bring visibility to this amazing tool by putting up blogs and generally trying to exchange ideas and code samples for all the world to see. I've always thought this was a terrific idea, but have avoided taking an active roll since I really didn't feel I had much to say, and to be honest, the idea of streaming my thoughts onto a website for the world to see still feels strange.

So what's changed? Well, for one thing, I've only recently myself had the time to start reading other great VFP related blogs on the web, and I've realized firsthand just how inspiring and helpful these terrific sites can be. I felt it was finally time to "speak up"..

Second, I've submitted a project to SednaX for inclusion, one which I am very proud of and hope will be a benefit to the VFP Community. As a result I forsee the need to output my thoughts, issues, and progress of that project here from time to time.

Last but not least, I've realized I've got a lot of opinions and gripes about the world and of course Visual FoxPro it's past, present, and furure! If for nothing else, it might be nice for me to "vent" now and then and maybe see what others think about these issues.

So "without further ADO".. (Active Data Objects?) welcome to my first blog! Hope to see you again soon.

2 Comments:

Blogger Craig said...

You can start raising visibility by spelling it correctly. It's FoxPro.

7:28 AM  
Blogger Steve Ellenoff said...

LOL! I never realized that! Thanks for bringing it, I'll adjust the post. :)

10:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home